Monday, January 21, 2013

Popcorn

This is a silly blog post, but I realized the other day how often I actually eat popcorn! At one point during my year and a half at post there were no kernals to be found in Meiganga. I freaked out. I called my postmate and told him that there was an emergency in Meiganga. When I explained the situation, he hung up the phone. He didn't understands.

But let me share with you all of the fixings that I love on my popcorn:
  • salt
  • pepper
  • Lawry's Seasoning Salt
  • Cajun seasoning
  • curry
  • cumin
  • garlic powder
  • garlic salt
  • parmesan cheese
  • yeast (to taste like parmesan cheese)
  • powdered milk (once again to taste like parmesan cheese)
  • cinnamon
  • sugar
  • butter
Currently as I am sitting on my couch writing this blog post, popcorn is popping on the stove and Baby Dieudonne keeps saying my name outside! So I am off to go share with him one of my favorite foods!

2 comments:

acw said...

i make popcorn all the time too! but i def don't go all out like that list of ingredients. parm is hard to come by here. haha. i'm Small Biz Dev in Nicaragua.

Danielle said...

You should creative with it! But if you can find yeast...it tastes almost the same! Vegans swear by it! (and the real parm was sent in a care package) Best of luck in your service! When are you COSing?